It is very important to maintain your furnace of your home and get them inspected periodically to prevent a fire hazard or even certain health problems. In case your machine is malfunctioning, you must always hire a certified furnace repair technician for a guaranteed service. Only experienced technicians have the knowledge to do the job skilfully without causing any further damage to your machine. Only if you hire such a service provider, you know your machine is in safe hands.
How does an expert go about the job of repairing your furnace competently? What are the steps that he follows in order to systematically proceed with the repair work? Below are few pointers indicating the tasks that he will perform to fix the problems in your furnace:
* Before he begins with the repair work, he will turn the furnace off. It is necessary to disconnect the machine from the source from where it obtains its fuel. It may be a power cord, a propane cylinder or a gas line. Thus, there are no chances of the furnace turning on during the repair work. Thus, ensuring proper safety.
* The next step is to examine the belt present between the pulleys and the motor. If it creates a squealing sound, the belt has possibly worn out. Your technician will inspect it carefully and suggest if it requires a replacement or just a readjustment will do. Sometimes, the alignment of the belt is poor and adjusting it properly solves the problem. This is done by loosening the bolts which connect the pulley, align it correctly and tighten the bolts once again.
* There may be times when the furnace blower keeps running for a very long time. This may lead to extreme heating up of the plenum. In such cases the limit switch which shuts off the furnace requires adjustment. Your technician will know the exact technique to do so safely.
* After proper inspection, your technician will be able to advise you if your blower parts have been damaged and whether they require any replacement. With years of experience in dealing with such aspects of furnaces and their repair work, they have perfect knowledge about which blower part may have malfunctioned and how can it be repaired or replaced.
* Similarly, if there are wiring problems or gas leakages, they will be able to detect it efficiently. With their expertise they can troubleshoot the problems with your furnace efficiently and ensure a quality repair work.
Thus, whenever you find your furnace malfunctioning, you must not attempt to make any changes or adjustments to it. Call a professional expert instead for a perfect furnace repair. Staunton (VA) is home to some of the well known companies which can cater to such needs.