An afternoon in Chicago can provide the perfect day out for mother and daughter, regardless of your daughter’s age. The windy city offers shopping, dining and plenty of museums and special events, no matter your family’s taste and preferences. Here are some ways to enjoy an afternoon in Chicago with your daughter.
1. Take in Jackson Park. Nature lover moms and daughters will enjoy bird watching and take in the beauty of the park. On a pretty spring afternoon, there’s no more beautiful place in the city.
2. Shop – Of course, there’s the Magnificent Mile, with its 460 high-end shops and boutiques. But, there’s also some great discount shopping in Chicago, too. You can find whatever you’re looking for.
3. Take a pizza tour. Chicago is home to some of the world’s best and most unique pizza. There are tour companies that will let you spend an afternoon sampling some of the best pie in the city. You may want to plan some serious walking around the city for after this tour!
4. Take a lakefront Segway tour. There’s no better way to cruise the beautiful area around Lake Michigan than on a Segway scooter. Visit Navy Pier and stop by one of the many ice cream places in the area.
5. Visit museums. The Adler Planetarium and the Field Museum are not to be missed. You’ll enjoy both the exhibits and the architecture of these two well-known Chicago museums. You can spend an entire afternoon browsing the collections at the Art Institute of Chicago, too.
Whether you choose one of these five suggestions, or you venture out on your own for a leisurely stroll and a stop at one of the ice cream places in Chicago, you’re sure to find that a mother-daughter afternoon is a day you’ll both remember for years to come.