What is a Brazilian Wax?
The term Brazilian waxing refers to the removal of all pubic hair from your bikini area including the top, sides, and front and those hard to reach areas in the back. This can either be done fully or partially. Although it is a common misconception that only women get this type of hair removal done, there are increasing numbers of men who also opt for it. For most people, going to have this done is a new experience and will probably not know what to expect. Here are some things to keep in mind that could help you get prepared for Brazilian waxing Long Beach CA.
What to expect?
- Once you get to the waxing salon, the aesthetician will ask you to take off your underwear before you lie on the table. This procedure is done in a private room, so you do not have to worry about other people peeking while you are having the hair removal done. You will then be asked to raise your legs as the aesthetician proceeds to cover the area that will be having the hair removal done with some talcum powder. Once the talcum powder has been spread, hot wax will be applied to the unwanted hair.
- When choosing an aesthetician or a salon to have this hair removal done, it would be best advised to seek out referrals or recommendations from friends who have had this done before. You could also check on yelp or search online but having word of mouth recommendations ensures that you are dealing with a professional. It is also a good idea to choose a professional to do this as you would feel less embarrassed around them. Since they do this procedure every day, they will not make you feel uncomfortable being stark naked in front of them.
- Waxing tends to be a slightly painful procedure. However, this pain can be minimized by ensuring that you choose a professional to do it for you. An amateur may have to do repeat applications on one spot to get all the hair out and this increases the amount of pain that you will feel. A professional on the other hand will be able to get the job done with swift strokes thus ensuring the process is short.
- Before setting an appointment for waxing in Long Beach CA, take some time to visit the beauty salon beforehand. A professional salon should be clean and hygienic. In addition to this, you should also check whether they are licensed or not. Never set up an appointment with a salon that is unlicensed.
- Try not go for a waxing appointment after you just trimmed your pubic hair. The length of the hair should at least be a quarter inch so that the hairs can be embedded on the strip used with the wax. The hair should also be free from any oils or lotion if you would like the hair removal process to be easier.
If you would like additional information on how to get prepared for a waxing Long Beach CA appointment or if you would simply like to learn more about goes into the process visit Brow Heaven Threading Studio located in Long Beach, CA.