Not enough people in New Orleans understand how important it is to have a good night’s sleep. There are numerous health issues which can disrupt your life if you do not get enough. Instead of spending a fortune attempting to treat health issues related to sleep deprivation, wouldn’t it be better if you spent much less and simply bought an iComfort mattress?
iComfort mattresses are based on revolutionary cool action gel memory foam technology and keep the body cool and comfortable while you sleep. Even in hot climates like we have here in New Orleans, you can get a full night of deep, uninterrupted sleep.
Here are a few hard facts about the benefits of the kind of great sleep you get when you sleep on an iComfort mattress in New Orleans.
Sleep boosts brainpower.
Deep and restful sleep allows your brain to stay balanced and alert during the day. It enhances your problem solving abilities and helps sharpen your reflexes.
Sleep improves performance.
Sleep helps the body to heal from wear and tear it may have experienced during the day. This is why trainers push athletes to get as much sleep as possible, since enough sleep will not only help their performance in sports but keep their minds sharp and their reflexes faster.
Sleep aids in weight loss.
If you have been having trouble losing that last bit of extra weight, sleep deprivation may be a part of the problem. According to research, people who go to bed late consume more calories after 8 p.m. than people who go to bed earlier. Sleep deprivation also decreases your basal metabolic rate, slowing your overall calorie use.
The Power of Napping
If you have been deprived of sleep for too long, there is no way of making up for that sleep loss. Here are a few things that help if you don’t sleep enough for one or two nights in a row.
1. Take multiple naps of 20 minutes or less during the day.
2. Take your naps away from your bed, since that will usually end up in you falling asleep for longer, thus making it difficult for you to fall asleep at night.
3. Don’t worry about falling asleep, just relax and let nature take its course.
4. Nap in a quiet, dark place so that there is little chance of noise disrupting your nap.
5. Set an alarm if you are worried about over sleeping. If you can, try to listen to some quiet relaxing music.
If you are curious to learn more about iComfort mattresses, visit the Direct Mattress showroom in New Orleans and see how much better your life could be with more sleep.