Few things in life should not be avoided, Among those things is visiting the dentist. Lack of dental care can potentially result in future problems later in life. While it may seem simple and easy to clean your teeth by yourself, dentists in Providence RI are specialized in more than simply brushing teeth. They are able to tell if the teeth have any decay or cavities along with any other ailments in the mouth that may have developed.
Most, if not all dentists recommend having a regular dental check-up every 6 months.
Reasons for Visiting a Dentist
There are many reasons why a person should not miss a dental appointment.
• Tooth decay is detected early on. While issues may not seem serious at first if left untreated can lead to some larger dental problems later on.
• Severe dental disease such as oral cancer may be detected during a visit. Early detection leads to prolonged life.
• Gum disease may seem minor however, it can lead to worse issues. These issues may include tooth loss. Visiting a dentist on a regular basis will allow for early detection and possible reversal of the disease.
Signs it is Time for a Dental Visit
Whether an individual is strict in keeping routine visits or has not been to one in years, there are symptoms that may arise. These are a good indicator that it is time to see a dentist.
• Toothaches. Tooth pain is never fun to deal with but if the pain is constant, it could mean there is a cavity or an infection that cannot be treated on its own.
• Bad Breath. While expected after eating a meal with an onion, bad breath that does not go away after brushing and flossing is a sign that something more serious is happening. Constant bad breath is an indicator of gum disease, cavities or something more serious.
• Jaw Pain. Jaw pain is an indicator that an individual may grind his or her teeth.
A good idea if an individual is new or has gone many years without seeing a dentist, is to make a consultation with a local dental office such as Atwill-Conroy Dental Associates. A consultation will be able to provide more information about Dentists in Providence RI and the services they provide.