If you are unhappy with your smile, then it is a good idea to see a cosmetic dentist in Aurora. Before you get any cosmetic dental work done, you will have to meet with a dentist for a consultation. There are several things you can expect when you meet with a cosmetic dentist.
A Comprehensive Dental Exam
You can expect to spend an hour at the dentist office because you will get a comprehensive dental exam. The purpose of the exam is to evaluate the health of your gums and teeth. If you have serious dental issues, then they will probably need to be corrected before any work is done.
Your cosmetic dentist will ask you a lot of questions. What types of treatments are you interested in getting? What are your concerns? What are your goals? This is also a time to ask your cosmetic dentist questions.
Explore Your Options
After your cosmetic dentist has assessed your dental health and listened to the concerns that you have, he or she will discuss the options, which could include the following:
- Teeth whitening – This is one of the simplest cosmetic dental procedures. It can remove stains and brighten your teeth by several shades.
- Custom dental veneers – Dental veneers are bonded directly to your teeth. They can instantly correct minor imperfections.
- Porcelain crowns – If your teeth are severely damaged, then your dentist may recommend a crown. The crown will cover your entire tooth.
- Dental implants – Dental implants are used to replace missing teeth. They are covered by crowns or a bridge.
- White fillings – White fillings blend in with your natural teeth. If you have old fillings, then you may want to have them replaced with white fillings.
- Braces – Braces can straighten your teeth. They typically take 18 to 36 months to work.
Go Over Your Treatment Plan
Your cosmetic dentist will develop a treatment plan for you. He or she will also review the costs of each procedure. Keep in mind that it may take several months to get the smile that you want.
If you need a cosmetic dentist in Aurora, contact Dover Dental Center.