Updating an older bathroom or adding a new one in the home can be an exciting time for homeowners. A new bathroom may be a useful addition and can increase the home’s resale value. Constructing a bathroom, however, comes with many decisions, including which type of Shower Doors in Santa Clarita CA to purchase. The type of door plays a large factor in the decision process along with the following factors:
- A homeowner must know the exact dimensions of the shower space are
- What the amount of room is between the shower and the other bathroom fixtures
- How much cleaning time will be required to rid the door from grime and mildew
- The type of shower head that will be used
- How much ventilation will be required to avoid moisture build-up
Types of Doors
There are four main types of Shower Doors in Santa Clarita CA; frameless shower doors, frameless shower enclosures, bi-fold shower doors, and curved glass doors. Listed below are the pros of each style of door.
- Frameless doors- made of a single pane of pivoting glass, frameless doors give the bathroom a clean and modernized look. It is one of the more durable and structurally sound, styles of shower doors.
- Frameless shower enclosures- a great addition to a larger bathroom, a frameless shower enclosure can add dimension to the room.
- Bi-fold shower doors- similar to corner bathrooms, bi-fold shower doors are made of panels that fold into the shower, allowing the most amount of utilization possible. They are also one of the more cost-effective styles.
- Curved glass shower doors- this style of door is a great option for those wanting a walk-in shower. Curved glass doors also make the shower feel larger and more open.
Opting for shower doors rather than a traditional curtain also has its many overall benefits such as elimination of drafts common with curtains, more light inside the shower, and a way to show off the beautiful tile work.
Once the style of door has been decided, it is important that a reputable company such as Palmdale Glass and Mirror Company come and install the door to ensure it is done correctly. Contact them today to get started on the bathroom of your dreams.