Kitchens are the center of any home. Yet, often they require a change. However, any kitchen remodel can be challenging. There is so much work to accomplish even before the actual process starts. Remodeling requires moving components such as cabinets and kitchen appliances. Amidst all this is the plumbing. It is central to any kitchen renovation.
Consider the Plumbing
Depending upon the extent of the kitchen remodel in your Asheville NC residence, the plumbing may or may not be extensive. However, any shifting, replacing or updating of the plumbing requires consulting a plumber. You should ask the following questions:
- What requires moving? If you move the sink, you will have to reroute the plumbing. The same applies to installing or moving the dishwasher.
- Do you need to reroute the plumbing? If you know the answer to the preceding question, you will know what needs to be shifted.
- Do you have shutoff valves? If you do not have them, install them. If you have them, make sure they are reinstalled when you move the plumbing.
- Do you want/need to update the plumbing? If so, talk to your plumber about the cost and the time it will take.
- Do you require more plumbing to serve the relocated and/or new fixtures? If so, make arrangements for these additions.
Plumbing – A Kitchen Remodel Necessity If you plan to remodel your Asheville NC kitchen, talk first to a plumber. S/he can advise you on what is required. This can help reduce the strain and even the cost of this project.